Updated June 2012 - Any views or opinions expressed on this webpage are my personal views and do not represent those of NRC.
- 2012/06/01: I was awarded Best Talk at CORM 2012! Best of all,
this was voted on by all the attendees. Thanks.
- 2012/05/27: Our Mapping Coherence in Detection has been highlighted in Nature Photonics - News and Views. To quote: "[it's]... a huge improvement over previous results."
- 2012/05/20: Our paper on Mapping Coherence in measurement via tomography of a hybrid optical detector has been published in Nature Photonics! Congratulations to Lijian Zhang and all my coauthors.
- 2012/03/15: Q+ presentation on video on "Direct Observation of the Wavefunction" is here
- 2nd most important Physics Breakthrough of 2011 by Physics World! chosen as
- 2011/12/10: I was awarded the NRC-INMS Young Investigator of 2011 Award in recognition of research excellence!
- 2011/8/18: Our paper on superconducting nanowires - Nonlinearity
in single photon detection: modelling and quantum tomography has
just come out in Optics Express! Congratulations to my collaboraters at
the Institute for Quantum Computing, Mohsen and Hamed.
- 2011/06/10: Our wavefunction measurement paper has been featured in Nature - News and Views, Science - News Focus, Le Soleil, ScienceNews, Physics World, and Nature Physics - Research Highlights.
- 2011/05/08: Our paper demonstrating the Direct Measurement of the Quantum Wavefunction has been published in Nature! (arxiv Free Version). Summaries by Charles Bamber and myself: Semi-technical explanation and Non-technical explanation.
- 2010/12/10: I was elected to receive the NRC-INMS Peer Award for
research in Quantum Metrology.
- 2010/04/22: Our paper on optimal
quantum experiment design has come out in PRA. Congratulations to
Josh Nunn and all my coworkers!