We are currently recruiting undergraduate and graduate students and post-docs to work on quantum information with photons in waveguides. Come join us in beautiful Ottawa, Canada! Click on the Positions tab at the top of the page for more information.
Canadian Association of Physicists Undergraduate Lecture TourHere are the slides for the CAP lecture tour presentation "Seeing is Believing: Direct Observation of the Wavefunction" that I gave in Winter-Spring 2014 at McGill, Ottawa, U. of Northern British Columbia, UBC, and U. of Victoria. Available in PDF or PPTX. A video of my presentation at the University of Ottawa can be found HERE.
- 2014/03/7: Toured the ARC building, home to our future labs, and everything looks great and just about done.
- 2014/02/10: Our paper "Observing Dirac’s Classical Phase Space Analog to the Quantum State" was published in PRL!
- 2013/07/01: We have moved to the University of Ottawa, Department of Physics! We will be collaborating closely with Canada Excellence Research Chair Robert Boyd and Jeff's Engineering counterpart Assistant Professor Ksenia Dolgaleva. Come spring 2014, the three of us will have over 500 square metres combined of world-class vibration isolated laboratory space in a brand new building. The Advanced Research Complex (ARC) will become a focus for the over twenty photonics researchers at the University.
- 2012/06/01: Jeff was awarded Best Talk at CORM 2012! Best of all, this was voted on by all the attendees. Thanks.
- 2012/05/27: Our Mapping Coherence in Detection has been highlighted in Nature Photonics - News and Views. To quote: "[it's]... a huge improvement over previous results."
- 2012/05/20: Our paper on Mapping Coherence in measurement via tomography of a hybrid optical detector has been published in Nature Photonics! Congratulations to Lijian Zhang and all my coauthors.
- 2012/03/15: Q+ presentation on video on "Direct Observation of the Wavefunction" is here
- 2nd most important Physics Breakthrough of 2011 by Physics World! chosen as
- 2011/12/10: Jeff was awarded the NRC-INMS Young Investigator of 2011 Award in recognition of research excellence!
- 2011/8/18: Our paper on superconducting nanowires - Nonlinearity in single photon detection: modelling and quantum tomography has just come out in Optics Express! Congratulations to my collaboraters at the Institute for Quantum Computing, Mohsen and Hamed.
- 2011/06/10: Our wavefunction measurement paper has been featured in Nature - News and Views, Science - News Focus, Le Soleil, ScienceNews, Physics World, and Nature Physics - Research Highlights.
- 2011/05/08: Our paper demonstrating the Direct Measurement of the Quantum Wavefunction has been published in Nature! (arxiv Free Version). Summaries by Charles Bamber and Jeff: Semi-technical explanation and Non-technical explanation.
- 2010/12/10: Jeff was elected to receive the NRC-INMS Peer Award for research in Quantum Metrology.
- 2010/04/22: Our paper on optimal quantum experiment design has come out in PRA. Congratulations to Josh Nunn and all my coworkers!